• Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why not?

It's another introductory thread - are you excited yet? No? Oh. Okay, then.

Ahem.

Hello, good day, salutations, happy birthday, and all of that. I'm Zoop, an avid fan of anime and Japanese media in general. I've been floating around the internet for a little while looking for a decent place to post random bits of nonsense and happened stumbled upon this place... figured I might as well take a look at it.

Apart from enjoying random bits of Japanese stuff, I'm also an avid - though not particularly good - fighting game fan, pretty decent cook, fledgling Asian cinema fanatic, recovering coffee addict, and part time lover of Nintendo things.

Sooo... yes. Hello, and all of that. Please treat me well.

Or, at the very least, please don't feed me to the sharks... literal or metaphorical.

Heldawn
      Soon, it'll all be over.

Crazy

Country
      Japan

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Re: Why not?

Hello zoop, and welcome to AL.

We have a lot of anime and manga fans here, and we talk different related stuff to it in A&M. I'd suggest you check it out and start making friends with them.

We have our Video Gaming community to, that'd love to discuss video games with you.

Oh and for Japanese media entertainment outside of anime, manga, and games, we have the Entertainment Zone. So check them out too.

If you have any questions let me know, I'll be glad to answer them. ^_^

I'm curious though, what are some of your favorite anime and games?

♥ Princess ♥
      Embarrased

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Haaii ^_^
      Welcome to AL!
      Oohhh what do you like to cook?
      I hope you enjoy yourself here and if you need anything feel free to message me ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Heldawn View Post
      Hello zoop, and welcome to AL.
      Thank you. ^^

Favorite anime and games? Letzee...

For anime I'd probably have to go with Clannad, Erased, Spice and Wolf, Twelve Kingdoms, and the ufotable Fate adaptations.

As far as games go, my current favorites include Sunless Sea, Darkest Dungeon, Melty Blood, Undernight, and Soul Calibur.

Quote Originally Posted by YukiChan View Post
      Haaii ^_^
      Welcome to AL!
      Oohhh what do you like to cook?
      I hope you enjoy yourself here and if you need anything feel free to message me ^_^
      Hallooooo.

I make (from what I've been told!) restaurant quality Mexican food, pizza, pasta sauces, jambalaya, and things like that. I'm also pretty good at homemade strawberry shortcake and apple fritters.

I'm planning on doing more desserts and baking in the future, as well.

And thank you both. I'll certainly let y'all know if I have any questions about anything.

Hello!

Friendly

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Hello @zoop ! Welcome to Anime League. I hope you enjoy your time on the forum and make a few friends. You should definitely check out the chat sometime, it's a great place to meet people and have fun.

If you have any questions or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.

Thank you YukiChan for the sig!
      OSRS RS3

Heldawn
      Soon, it'll all be over.

Crazy

Country
      Japan

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by zoop View Post
      Thank you. ^^

Favorite anime and games? Letzee...

For anime I'd probably have to go with Clannad, Erased, Spice and Wolf, Twelve Kingdoms, and the ufotable Fate adaptations.

As far as games go, my current favorites include Sunless Sea, Darkest Dungeon, Melty Blood, Undernight, and Soul Caliber.
      All animes I know of and haven't watched except the different Fate adaptations. I really love the fate series. I've made several Avatar and Signatures sets based off of Fate characters. xD But of the games I only know Soul Caliber, which is great fighting game series.

Quote Originally Posted by zoop View Post
      Hallooooo.

I make (from what I've been told!) restaurant quality Mexican food, pizza, pasta sauces, jambalaya, and things like that. I'm also pretty good at homemade strawberry shortcake and apple fritters.

I'm planning on doing more desserts and baking in the future, as well.

And thank you both. I'll certainly let y'all know if I have any questions about anything.
      Those foods sound yummy and some of them are southern dishes, I'm assuming; only because I have friend who lives in the Louisiana and those are dishes he makes. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissharmony View Post
      Hello @zoop ! Welcome to Anime League. I hope you enjoy your time on the forum and make a few friends. You should definitely check out the chat sometime, it's a great place to meet people and have fun.

If you have any questions or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
      Thank you, and I'll definitely poke around there at some point.

All animes I know of and haven't watched except the different Fate adaptations. I really love the fate series. I've made several Avatar and Signatures sets based off of Fate characters. xD But of the games I only know Soul Caliber, which is great fighting game series.
      I'm a long time fan of the Fate series myself as well... I was all over the visual novel the moment it was translated.

The games are all fairly niche, to be honest - especially Melty Blood and Undernight, which are both fighting games.

Those foods sound yummy and some of them are southern dishes, I'm assuming; only because I have friend who lives in the Louisiana and those are dishes he makes. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

Nope, you're spot on. Mexican food is definitely a staple of Southern food around here, and Jambalaya in particular is fairly specific to Louisiana. I don't actually live anywhere near the South myself, but the food is pleasant enough... though some of it can be absurdly unhealthy. I try to stay away from that stuff.

Heys Zoop
      and welcome to AL
      have 12 kingdoms also as one of my fav anime, together with some mech
      what kind of asian movies and drama's do you like to watch?
      if you have questions or just wann chat about drama's or anime feel free to pm me

Head Moderator
      Long weekend yay!

Awesome

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Hi @zoop welcome to AL

Feel free to message me if you have any questions/fancy a chat

Hope you enjoy it here

All art by YukiChan || Entrance Hall

Hello @zoop ! And welcome to AnimeLeague!

Oh my gosh, fooood. I would love to see the kind of food you make! Maybe it will inspire me to do the same. <_< Or just make me really, really hungry. I think I'm hungry right now...

The others have mentioned the anime, video game, and entertainment zone forums that we have, but I also noticed you mentioned randomness. That would be Crazy League. It's very random and filled with fun nonsense. lol They all fall into the same category here on the board so they're lumped together toward the bottom.

Duchess
      Stultus Est Sicut Stultus Facit

Depressed

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Welcome to AL @zoop :3
      What's your favorite Nintendo game?
      You should come over to our AL Journal section and make one, it's a great way to connect with other members while sharing day to day adventures etc
      If you have any questions feel free to PM me ^^

Back In The Habit

Hi @zoop and welcome to AL
      I hope you enjoy yourself here and I'm sure that you will fit in just right
      If you need a hand with anything then just let me know

Artwork by the wonderful YukiChan!

feeling creative

Innocent

Country
      Romania
      AL Points

hey @zoop welcome to AL,nice to meet you, I'm Dany

Laughing

Country
      Portugal

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Hey @zoop welcome to AL

if you say nonsense then you're definitely in the right place
      I hope that you stick with us and make some new friends along the way!!!
      If you need anything feel free to say or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaquiry View Post
      Heys Zoop
      and welcome to AL
      have 12 kingdoms also as one of my fav anime, together with some mech
      what kind of asian movies and drama's do you like to watch?
      if you have questions or just wann chat about drama's or anime feel free to pm me
      Thank you.

It is a lovely show! I'd love to get some merchandise for it as well - all I have presently are the novels that were localized.

As for Asian movies, I'm only really getting started with them, but my favorites at the moment are probably the Korean films Assassination and The Handmaiden, both of which were absolutely incredible imo.

Quote Originally Posted by IkkleGemz View Post
      Hi @zoop welcome to AL

Feel free to message me if you have any questions/fancy a chat

Hope you enjoy it here
      Thanks! Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Fairy View Post
      Hello @zoop ! And welcome to AnimeLeague!

Oh my gosh, fooood. I would love to see the kind of food you make! Maybe it will inspire me to do the same. <_< Or just make me really, really hungry. I think I'm hungry right now...

The others have mentioned the anime, video game, and entertainment zone forums that we have, but I also noticed you mentioned randomness. That would be Crazy League. It's very random and filled with fun nonsense. lol They all fall into the same category here on the board so they're lumped together toward the bottom.
      Food is lovely! I only got started with cooking relatively recently though, to be completely honest - I used to be absolutely convinced that I was hopeless at it, in fact!

In the end, I started with really simple slow cooker dishes, which can be super super easy to prepare, and turn out surprisingly well! It's a great way to make some really quick and easy shredded beef or chicken for burritos or tacos, before graduating up to more complicated methods.

As far as things to show off go, I think the shortcake is probably the prettiest thing I do, the sweet biscuits I make for it are kind of cute in a foodish sort of way, especially after they're topped with macerated strawberries and have a decent bit of bright red strawberry sauce made from reducing two pounds of the stuff down into a cup or two's worth of syrup. Top it with some freshly whipped cream, and it's basically a NSFW sight to behold.

With that said though, it is dreadfully unhealthy. Which is why I typically prepare it for other people without having any myself. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory View Post
      Welcome to AL @zoop :3
      What's your favorite Nintendo game?
      You should come over to our AL Journal section and make one, it's a great way to connect with other members while sharing day to day adventures etc
      If you have any questions feel free to PM me ^^
      Favorite Nintendo game? Now that's a difficult question. Hrmmmm.

>_>

<_<

Gah. Well, I suppose it'd be a between some combination of the Mario Kart, Zelda, and Metroid franchises... the latter of the three being a source of heartache, considering how absolutely dead in the water the series has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuva View Post
      Hi @zoop and welcome to AL
      I hope you enjoy yourself here and I'm sure that you will fit in just right
      If you need a hand with anything then just let me know
      Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dany1908 View Post
      hey @zoop welcome to AL,nice to meet you, I'm Dany
      Hallo! Since we're talking actual name-names (I assume?), I'm Chelsea. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Cmartins View Post
      Hey @zoop welcome to AL

if you say nonsense then you're definitely in the right place
      I hope that you stick with us and make some new friends along the way!!!
      If you need anything feel free to say or PM me.
      I will try not to disappoint!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information