Better get the coffee.

Cool

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Cosplay World Masters UK Qualifiers on Sunday @ 1pm

Cosplay World Masters UK Qualifiers - Sunday @ 3pm

Please note that unlike the Cosplay Masquerade (which also takes place on both Saturday and Sunday at 3pm - meaning a total of THREE cosplay contests for this LAGC), the places are CAPPED at 30. So you MUST signup beforehand to guarantee your place - we will only allow signups on the day if we don't get 30 people showing.

Would you like the chance to win the title of the best cosplayer in the world? Animeleague are proud to announce that we shall be hosting the UK qualifiers for the Cosplay World Masters at London Anime & Gaming Con this 3-5 February ( full info on event at www.londonanimecon.com ).

The winner will represent the UK in the world finals this May 6-7 at Iberanime in Portugal, with their flight and accommodation all paid for, and a chance to win €750 and the cosplay world masters grand trophy. The top three placed entrants shall also receive a free ticket to the next London Anime & Gaming Con in July 2016 and will be fully profiled on our Animeleague Cosplay page.

Rules and Entry Requirements

The qualifier shall take place on the Sunday and will be capped at 30 applications maximum. No groups, single entrants only. This event will have performance taking 40% of the judging marks, so we ask for a skit/performance from each entrant of up to 2 minutes in length. You can read the full rules HERE. Once you have done so, please email THIS application form to cosplay@animeleague.com with the subject as "Cosplay World Masters UK" to apply.

The deadline for submission will be FRIDAY 3RD FEBRUARY. All applications must be submitted by then.

Pre-Judging

We require all participants to turn up back stage at midday on the Sunday for pre-judging and to be organised. This will take 1hr.

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
      We shall be updating this as they come

Q - Do I have to make a new costume to enter?
      A - No, you may use a pre-existing costume provided it's 60% minimum hand-made and you've not entered it into CWM before.

Q - I'm a cosplay guest/crew, can I enter?
      A - Yes. Only people who may not enter will be the three judges.

Q - I want to enter this and the Cosplay Masquerade on the Sunday, may I and are there any stipulations?
      A - If you place in the top 5, and so get a certificate, then you may not enter the same costume into the Sunday Masquerade. We recommend having two costumes if you believe this is a possibility to be safe.

Q - Can we enter as a group?
      A - No, it has to be single. The Sunday masquerade will be for groups.

Q - Can I put in an application without having made the costume yet?
      A - Yes, you can put the app through without a costume yet - just try and be as detailed as possible on how you will construct it (this will help you). Once you've made it, if you wish, you can send us a revised application with more complete construction process details and images (again this is optional).

Q - For the prize, what's covered to Portugal?
      A - Your flight and hotel for three nights. You'll also be given an assistant to help you on the day. Free entry to Iberanime where the finals are taking place is also covered.

Questions?

Just ask away in this topic!
      Last edited by Ferefire; 02-01-2017 at 04:37 PM.
      In a post-truth world, the one thing we can all rely on is the Animeleague News topic.

Re: Cosplay World Masters UK Qualifiers on Sunday @ 1pm

Hi I sent an application and have not been replied to... does this mean I didn't qualify? Thanks

Administrator
      Better get the coffee.

Cool

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Deadline to signup for this is THIS WEDNESDAY!

Make sure to apply so you don't miss out!
      In a post-truth world, the one thing we can all rely on is the Animeleague News topic.

Administrator
      Better get the coffee.

Cool

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Due to drop outs, we will extend applications till FRIDAY for this. Keep applying.

Thread Information