• Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

9/23 Nvr 4get

Amused

Country
      Puertorico

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Re: City of Fear (Mature 18+) (Closed)

If someone had told her five years ago that Hera would end up getting her ready for her wedding, Azusa would have laughed at the imbecile who said it. To be on civil terms, comforting each other, leaning on each other...seemed like the most ludicrous and unfathomable thing ever. And it had happened. Hera had smiled at her. Hugged her. Promised to protect her. Valued her. A fraction of Azusa's heart both ached and swelled at the weigh of those words. She always saw herself as a nuisance to Hera. A thorn she wanted to be rid of. Seemed like that wasn't the case. Hera considered her a sister. An actual sister. And something in Azusa fractured, realizing that all this time she, too, wanted a sister. Sure, she had nine others. But only knew them by name. Didn't even know what they looked like, Devlin having kept their appearance a secret from literally everyone. To have Hera was a sister, well...it was more than she believed she deserved. Especially after their rocky beginning and the more tormenting in-between. Signaling her bloodshot eyes and ruined makeup, Hera insisted to fix her face. Redoing the makeup.

Ready to be wed, Azusa met Thane at the garden entrance. Suited up and ready, with his neck-length hair slicked back. There was a sudden pang of sadness in her eyes, realizing Devlin would not be the one to give her away this time. This Devlin was only present because Hera had insisted. He would not give her away. To this current man, she was as much as a sister as a stranger was. This man was far from the brother she deeply loved. Without asking, Thane had stepped in. Knowing the ache in her heart. Knowing what this meant. Knowing what he meant. He had always been the closest thing to a father she had. Even if Devlin rejected her, Thane never did.

"You look beautiful, Azu." Thane said in his own rough tone, but one that she knew held so much affection.

"Well, you don't look too bad yourself." A teasing grin that had a soft but deep chuckle come out of Thane.

"I won't ever tell you what I really think about Tadashi Vlahakis, you know what I think anyway." And she did. As the source to gather Intel, Thane was the best. If there existed someone else that wasn't Hera who knew all the unspeakable things Tadashi had done, it was Thane Astuda. "But I won't say them. Not today. Not ever. My dear, I have only wished for you to be happy. Ever since I first saw you. It has truly broken my heart over and over again to see you suffer as you have." He still remembered the day of the Hwan incident. Still remembered the day she returned from Mansu. While no one had known why, he had made his own investigation. He knew what had happened. But had taken it to his grave. For the sake of both Azusa and Devlin. Knowing fully well she wouldn't have wanted her brother to know. And with good reason. Because Devlin knowing the truth, was what had brought him to what he was now. "Never in my life would I have imagined Tadashi Vlahakis to be the one to make you smile as you have this five years. And while that man may be many things, I cannot deny that he has treasured you as you deserve." Thane kissed her cheek, before pulling her into an affectionate hug that spoke everything else his heart had to say. "Be happy, Azu. Don't let anything else in this wretched life deny it from you. And if anything does dare, I swear I will kill it myself."

"Thank you, Thane. You will always be like a father to me." Smiling at him, she laced her arm around his offered one and began to walk down the aisle, right behind Nozomi who gleefully threw the red petals across it; highlighting the path for her. The audience stood. The audience looked. But all she focused on was the man at the end. The handsome suited man, with his silky long black hair tied in a ponytail, watching her. Looking at her. Meeting her eyes. Both of them saying the same things. Thinking the same. Synchronized in mind and soul. That today marked the beginning of a new life. That today they sealed something that was bigger than their hearts. She had loved Tadashi for so long, it honestly scared her that her happy life would come to an end. Like all her dreams did. Be destroyed cruelly. It almost was.

With a tender kiss to her forehead, Thane gave her to Tadashi. His own arm linking with hers. And they stood in front of the priest who began to speak. Then moved on to their vows. Vows that came from both their hearts. "I, Azusa Nagano Ryuunaga, take you Tadashi Vlahakis to be my husband. No matter what comes before us. Sadness. Fear. Pain. Sickness. Death. The ugly." The ugly being the worst of their lives. A single word that weighed so much. A word she knew Tadashi would understand the meaning of, because they had both been through their ugliest. "Nothing will tear me apart from you. You are the whole of my heart." She took his hand. Kissed it. Placed it over her own beating heart. "I vow to love you as I loved you from the very first time, until my last breath. And even in the afterlife I will continue to love you. My life, my soul, my heart, and everything that embodies me, is yours. Just as you are mine."

Oooooooooo

Bitey

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

No matter how pleasant this moment was, panic pounded in his heart as the woman walked towards him. Not an ounce of it showed in his eyes, but it was there. What was marrying out of love in the Vlahakis life? This wasn’t what a Vlahakis did. This beautiful woman that had been crushed by three men already was marrying someone that put all three of them to shame in evil deeds. With each step he wondered, was she stepping closer to a damnation worse than those before him?

Standing before him, his eyes bore into her intensely as he battled the demon he saw reflected in her eyes as she stared back at him. The moment more real than he ever imagined it. Out of the corner of his eye he could see the intense eyes of Hera boring into him. Underlining tenseness in her body, while she bore a smile, the readiness to pounce on him if she needed to was there. The priest opening was dim in his ears as he was solely focused on Azusa. This was his last moment to decide, to understand the commitment. Of what he was getting himself into. To figure out if he had been in some strange dream and to walk away. He had asked her, he knew that. But to ask and then actually seal that deal, seemed to be two separate worlds.

It was when Azusa’s voice spoke up, saying her vows first that brought him back to the present. To himself. He didn’t have a clear answer for himself if he could deny himself, of who he was bred to be, but he did know he wanted this woman. His hand reached up, moving stray strands of hair out of her face as the wind moved it. A moment of silence hung in the air after her words, for him to take in her words as he smiled. “Why is sadness, fear, pain, sickness, death and ugly the only things that come before us? I, Tadashi Vlahakis,” The name was heavy on his tongue. “would like to face joy, happiness, excitement, freedom and life with you. If that is what we face, then what could possibly tear us apart? Let us not follow the norm of our life and defy it. A Vlahakis bows to nothing, but make their own path. I pledge my love to you, as I had pledge my life to you. May the only desire that burns in my heart be my love for you.”

Sealing it with a kiss, he bound himself to the woman. He meant every word he said to the depths of his soul, just as much he prayed he could be the man that fulfilled his word to Azusa to the end. Though hurting her physically wasn’t his worry. He would never lay a hand on her, but he questioned how long he could go without his thirst of ruling surfaced again.

-

The reception party was in full swing. It felt more like a business dinner, for the fact that she spent most of the time connecting Devlin with the different leaders. While he knew their face and names from the files she had him go over, he hadn’t come in contact with all of them. Devlin had always been smart, but she quickly noticed his brain absorbed information differently, saw it differently. How he interacted with people was vastly different as well. It was strange and hard to put her finger on it, not really sure why there was such a drastic change to his personality just because he didn’t have his older memories. Maybe it was mostly due to the fact she hadn’t known him as a child, if this was how he was but the killing of his father was what made him change.

When her time here started to round to a close, she silenced the room as she stood to give a toast. Silas as messaged her, Sato had been caught and was being held for her arrival. While she had said her piece to Azusa, she hadn’t said anything to Tadashi. If she said it alone to him, she didn’t believe she would be able to in a peaceful way. “Tadashi.” Standing across from him at his table alone with Azusa she looked at him. A tight grip on her wine glass. Hardened eyes. “You’re the last Vlahakis.” Percy had never been counted as a Vlahakis bearing bloodline and it was all but certain he would be changing his name. “We forsook our homeland. And through some sick fate we married to siblings of the same family. Our fate seems to be tied no matter where we go. May in this family our fate not be a bloody one like it was in our homeland. Let us not forsake this new family we have joined.”

Slowly she raised her glass to him. “I wish you a peace filled marriage that lasts till you both grow old. That you can avoid the Vlahakis curse to destroy everything we touch and find happiness with your wife and daughter.”

Tadashi stood to his feet taking his glass. The real message in her words were very clear. So similar to words he heard come out of her mouth in cries and screams. To leave the people she cared about alone. Even now, she so clearly wanted for their lives to be separated, yet their lives were tangled up. The fear of him destroying what she had strongly inside of her. To finish off what father had tried to do. Peace filled marriage, translated very strongly to ‘do nothing but live as a civilian father and husband’. Tapping his glass against hers, they both took a sip eyes locked with each others.

9/23 Nvr 4get

Amused

Country
      Puertorico

Awards Showcase

AL Points

While it seemed the entire Ryuunaga empire was aware of his amnesia, those who composed the supporting families has nor forgotten with who they had dealings with. His mind absorbed each and every one of them during the ludicrous open-air reception. Engaging in conversations with them, most revolving around current deals and future ones. If these people formed part of the empire it meant they had proved themselves worthy and loyal to some degree, as well as demonstrated they had something of value to contribute. But the eyes that scrutinized them was far from the ones that had first studied them as potential partners. He didn't know the approach his pre-amnesia self had used or his exact reasons for choosing these leaders, but this current self had no interest in keeping liabilities. His ancestors had created this empire. His father Raijin has sustained it. And it was his legacy to expand it. By whatever means necessary. While his father had been a real bastard, he had been a genius strategist and an even stronger King.

Devlin would not hesitate to burn a family down should they proof inefficient or a liability. Rule number one: everyone was replaceable. Nevertheless, he found there was one exception to this rule. A certain red-head freckled woman with piercing emerald eyes and an even more mesmerizing personality. He couls replace the entire empire. Everg single person that composed it. But, he realized, no one could replace Hera. Even if he walked the path of hell and blood, he would never harm her. Something he differed from his Father. Raijin not even hesitating to hurt those he was meant to protect and care for. The woman proceeded to give the toast to the newly weds. While he could not deny Azusa's natural beauty, it had no lasting effect. To him she was a stranger. And the closer he came to her the more pouding his headache was. His entire being rejecting her as if she was someone best to keep at arm's length. And while she had done an excellent job as Ryuunaga's negotiator, he made a mental note to keep check on her and her new family. If she proved to be more troublesome than convenient, he would dispose of her.

He had no interest in having useless women.

Once done, Devlin followed Hera outside. Finally away from the nausiating environment. His amnesia prevented him from knowing what had gone with Hera and her older brother. But it had surely been violent. He felt it in his core, with just her words at the toast. And the look the man gave her....there was a darkneaa hidden inside those eyes. One that mirrored his own. Devlin found himself smirking at the memory. Imagining having a man like him to do his dirty work. Or to rule alongside him. Surely a man with that hollow blackness could provide very interesting ideas im how to manage certain things. Yes. Devlin thought Tadashi Vlahakis could be useful at the right moment.

----------------------------

Hera's toast warmed Azusa's healing heart, but she also heard the unspoken meaning to them. Exactly what they had previously discussed. The promise. And while the toast was directed to Tadashi, Azusa knew the Queen had implicitly reminded her of their deal: keep Tadashi away from mafia affairs, and live a peaceful life. Azusa intended to fulfill the ens of her bargain. No matter how restless her husband got, she would not allow him to taste a single drop of power. He had chosen her. Chosen Nozomi. Chosen a live with them. One taste of power, and all that would disappear. She knew it. Felt it. Feared it. Tadashi could ruin them....if he as so much flirted again with his old ambitions.

Dismissing the brief heavy air of the promise, Azusa enjoyed the reminder of the reception. After the toast, she and her mew husband danced to their song. His handa around her waist. Hers around his neck. Foreheads touching. Made her remember the times he would do that while she was pregnant, wanting her growing bump to press against him and fill little Nozomi kick in response to the music. That day her hearr melted. And right now it melted again. Nozomi was still showing off her dress to Rin, Percy, Indigo, Sian, Nillia, and everyone else she liked seeing. Her cute little blonde curls bouncing. Joy and laughter filled the air. The garden. The house. Extending her hand, she called Nozomi whom smiling ran to them. Tadashi picked her up in one arm, evidence of his muscled strength, while the other still rested on her waist. The three of them danced together as a family. Nothing could ruin thia day for her. Not anymore.

At the end, and after bidding farewell to everyone, Azusa left the garden as it was and went to the house. Nozomi sleeping soundly in Tadashi's arms, still wearing her dress. She watched as he tenderly placed her to bed and wished ber goodnight. Once on their own, Azusa lay down on the bed still wearing her wedding dress albeit the curls in her ponytail had straightened down. "T-Bear..." She smiled at him. Sitting up she met her lips with a kiss. "My husband." Arms around his neck again. "That sounds nice, doesn't it?" A giggle came out of her. But then she felt his hold tighten. His jaw clenched every so slightly. Over the years she had learned to read him. Learned every movement and every expression, even the most hidden ones. Nothing bypassed her when it came to the man she loved. Cocking her head sideways, brows furrowed, she asked, "What's wrong, my love?"
      Last edited by Vivix; 11-08-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Oooooooooo

Bitey

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

The wedding was over. The reception was over. All of it had been concluded without a problem. Just the lingering problem of the bastard that had shown up before it had started. The bastard that Azusa had gone to talk to as if they were best friends. As if the man hadn’t shattered her into a billion pieces. As if everything that had happened, never happened. How could he explain or put words to the disgust he felt inside of him at the sight of the whole scene that played out? No logic in his head could fathom how Azusa would want to have a conversation with that man. It pricked at the fear that had always been inside him from the moment Azusa agreed to leave with him.

That she would go back to that wrenched man if he asked her. If her love, care and desire for the man was strong enough to forgive the horrific things he did to her, then what really stopped her from going back to him other than the fact that Sato wouldn’t take her back? The thoughts throbbed in his head as he got Nozomi ready for bed, secretly prolonging the time from being alone with Azusa. The anger he concealed to not ruin their wedding day was pulsing through his body. Even more so when he looked at Azusa who was just so content after everything.

He knew it, if Hwan had shown up before her. A man that had only done two horrific things to her, she wouldn’t have fallen apart. What was the difference between Hwan raping her and Sato raping her? Why did she forgive one and not the other? Sato surely almost killed Nozomi inside of her. The more he thought about it, the more irritated he got about it.

As he entered their room he found her laid on the bed in her dress. While he shed his cumbersome tux, changing into his sleep wear. Let his hair down. Then settled himself into the bed with Azusa, who was in a euphoric state about the day. Part of him knew that he should be relieved she hadn’t fallen apart, but that other part of him that was currently dominating his senses was outraged by her stable self.

A kiss. Arms wrapped around his neck. A giggle. Leaning his head back against the head board he closed his eyes trying to gain the upper hand of his feelings about this. The question about what was wrong with him was the only sensical thing he had heard or seen from her since entering the room. Not one to ever beat around the bush, he slowly opened his eyes to look at his wife. “What made you so comfortable to talk to your bastard ex-husband like you are old friends that haven’t seen each other in a couple years? It is a rather burning question in my veins that I can’t seem to comprehend. I mean, out of everyone that was here, you were the last one on the list that should have greeted him so warmly. Yet you were the only one that did. Everyone but you wanted to skin him alive, rip out his organs and chop him to pieces. It blows my mind, Azusa.”

9/23 Nvr 4get

Amused

Country
      Puertorico

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Ah, so that's what it was. Sato.

It seemed like both Sato and him had the same belief that she had to absolutely loathe the man. To want to rip his intestines out and hang him with them. Why was that the only feeling she was obligated to have? Why they both of them were so adamant to either erase his existence from her life, or just wish him a gruesome death? Arms unwrapped from him, releasing her hold. She sat on the bed, sitting a few inches away from him. Was this what had been on his mind all this time? The only thought that bothered him throughout their wedding? She was tired of this. Weary of the way everyone seemed to judge her when it came to Sato. As if she didn't reprimand herself enough for her own delusional stupidity. Sato hadn't been all pain and suffering to her, but everyone around her seem to want her to only remember that. Why was it so wrong to want to stay with the good memories? Why did everyone look at her as if she was a crazy idiot? She was fucked up in the head. Something not even she denied. But she wasn't crazy. She was just tired...of having the same agonizing ache to be attached to her life.

For a while, Azusa remained silent. The hurt in her eyes an evident flash. Fists on her lap, jaw clenching. "You and Sato...are the same." She finally said. "Both of you...want me to just hate. I'm tired of it, Tadashi. I've had enough...of having pain and hurt and sadness. I've had five years of having the memory of him rip my heart out. And I'm done. I'm done with only feeling like this." Azusa ran a frustrated hand over her unbound hair, having already freed it from the ponytail. God. All she wanted was to be rid of the ache and pain accompanied by his name. And not even in her wedding day she could have that. Not even then.

"I only wanted to put everything behind me. I greeted him because I wanted to have one peaceful final conversation with him. I don't want to live with hatred inside me. Let it consume me forever. God...I just...I can't believe I even have to be explaining myself..." She stood up. Groaning in frustration. Paced around the room. Stifling back some angry tears that were caught in her throat. "Everyone fuckin thinks I should hate him. Everyone looks at me like I am crazy! Yes, I'm fucked up. I'm not normal. But I'm not crazy!" Glistening eyes looked at him. "No one...no one...no one understand how branded that man is in my life. I thought you of all people would have..." She had shared her life with Tadashi. Shared every detail. Including Sato. Including what he had meant to her ever since she first met him.

Simply put...she could never hate Sato. Not the way everyone wanted her to hate him.

She stormed out of the room, but only to return a few second later. Bringing with her the plaque. And placed it in Tadashi's hands. "He came to give me this. Our baby's plaque. What acknowledged his existence." Another cry that strangled her chest. "As far as the world is concerned now, Sasuke never existed. This is the only memory left of him. And he gave it to me. Do you understand what this plaque means to me? My baby died. I never held him. Never touched him. Never even got to see him. I only have this piece of metal with his name on it to remind me he was real." Her voice broke. "Even if it makes no sense to you or anyone else...I can't hate Sato the way you all wish. The way even he wishes. Because hating him means I regret Sasuke. That I also hate the fact that we were going to have this child."

Hand covering her face, Azusa gave in to the tears. The old familiar pain of the emptiness Sasuke left her returning to her heart.

"But even when I wanted to just leave him in peace...he goes and just gnaws at my heart again. And rips open my old wounds. Even when I told him that it was my fault too. It was my fault too..." She cried. Sobbing uncontrollaby. "If i had listened the first time none of it would have happened! If I hadn't been this stupid girl who lived in her fantasies this wouldn't have happened! I kept asking for more and more and it broke him!! I broke him!!!" A pained shriek. "But how can I regret everything and hate everything without erasing whatever I have left of Sasuke?! You tell me Tadashi!!! You tell me how I can keep Sasuke but also hate all I had with Sato!!!"

Pants. Angry pants. Angry silence. Haggered breaths. Sobs.

"I'm...sorry, Tashi...I'm sorry...." She sat on the bed again. Defeated. Tired. Drained. "I didn't mean to upset you..."

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread Information