• Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Resident Tsundere
      Friends? You mean a legion of demonic servants?

Pervy

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Re: Entrance Hall Check-In - Come Here to ask Questions and get your Forum Buddies

Quote Originally Posted by mollari91 View Post
      Name and Age: Matt, 24 (nearly 25)
      Who/What Brought Me Here: Met some new people at a local Geek Meet and was pointed to this place
      Hobbies/Interests: Anime (mostly shoujo anime tbh lol), gaming, reading (Harry Potter, Star Wars, and FanFiction lol) and Japanese (am trying to learn bit by bit)
      Interesting Facts about Myself!: Well I don't know about "interesting" lol but as for facts, I'm rather a shy person, have a slightly obsessive compulsive personality, and some of my favourite shows I know whole episodes almost word for word (kinda like an idetic memory - ish lol)
      Do you Want a Guide: I think I'm ok thanks
      Welcome, @mollari91 !

Which Geek Meet did you end up attending, and do you think you'll attend another in future?

What's one of your favourite shows? I'm quite similar with Red Dwarf - I can recite scenes from my favourite episodes, and can often complete lines from the show ad-hoc >_>;

If you need any help or want someone to chat to, feel free to drop me a PM!

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Entrance Hall Check-In - Come Here to ask Questions and get your Forum Buddies

Quote Originally Posted by Maki-chan View Post
      Welcome, @mollari91 !

Which Geek Meet did you end up attending, and do you think you'll attend another in future?

What's one of your favourite shows? I'm quite similar with Red Dwarf - I can recite scenes from my favourite episodes, and can often complete lines from the show ad-hoc >_>;

If you need any help or want someone to chat to, feel free to drop me a PM!
      Hi Maki-chan

It was the Portsmouth Christmas Big Geek Meet, and I'll definitely go to more in the future wasn't in cosplay (don't have onr yet) but definitely will in future, currently working on one atm

My favourite show that I know THAT well has to be Babylon 5! but mostly I watch anime all the time lol almost always Sailor Moon lol I prefer the subbed tbh and even then there's a few episodes that I don't need to read the subtitles or even watch at all just listen to and know what's going on! lol

Thanks Maki-chan definitely will do!

Resident Tsundere

Pervy

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by mollari91 View Post
      Hi Maki-chan

It was the Portsmouth Christmas Big Geek Meet, and I'll definitely go to more in the future wasn't in cosplay (don't have onr yet) but definitely will in future, currently working on one atm

My favourite show that I know THAT well has to be Babylon 5! but mostly I watch anime all the time lol almost always Sailor Moon lol I prefer the subbed tbh and even then there's a few episodes that I don't need to read the subtitles or even watch at all just listen to and know what's going on! lol

Thanks Maki-chan definitely will do!
      Ahh, that's awesome! I've visited Portsmouth a few times, it seems like a lovely place to live. ^_^

What cosplay/s are you working on, if you don't mind me asking? If you get stuck at any point, I'm sure Cosplay Home would be happy to help you out!

I feel ashamed to admit I've not watched that much of Babylon 5. What is it that you like about it so much? :3

I totally feel you on the subs over dubs thing. I tried to re-watch the English dub of Cardcaptor Sakura and I have no idea how I tolerated Sakura's voice when I was younger. Maybe I just didn't know any better?

Assistant
      Winter is coming!

Awesome

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Name and Age: Hanna, 23

Who/What brought me here: I went to the London Anime con, I think in 2014..

Hobbies/Interests: Gaming, Music, TV and Film, bit of drawing, traveling (hoping to achieve my PADI licence to go scuba diving!!!)

Interesting facts about myself: I play guitar and drums, as a hobby I'm just about to start a YouTube band, covering video game, anime etc soundtracks or theme tunes.

Do I want a buddy: why not, Yes please.

Resident Tsundere

Pervy

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by HtEcho View Post
      Name and Age: Hanna, 23

Who/What brought me here: I went to the London Anime con, I think in 2014..

Hobbies/Interests: Gaming, Music, TV and Film, bit of drawing, traveling (hoping to achieve my PADI licence to go scuba diving!!!)

Interesting facts about myself: I play guitar and drums, as a hobby I'm just about to start a YouTube band, covering video game, anime etc soundtracks or theme tunes.

Do I want a buddy: why not, Yes please.
      Welcome to AL, @HtEcho !

If you like playing videogames, I'd recommend heading over to our Gaming section. You can swap usernames/gamertags with some of our other members and find people to play things with (or just talk to about new releases or whatever you're playing at the moment). ^_^

You may also wish to consider dropping by our Creative Arts section and sharing some of your work there. :3

You're about to start a YouTube band? That's awesome! How did you find your bandmates?

If you need any help or just want someone to chat to, drop me a line!

Name and Age: Jonathan 23
      Who/What Brought Me Here: Just moved to England from the states and happen to stumble upon this website while searching for info on the London Anime con.
      Hobbies/Interests: Anime, Gaming, Football, Traveling
      Interesting Facts about Myself!: I lived in California for most of my life with my parents and 6 siblings. I will be spending the next four years in England so I hope to get settled in soon.
      Do you Want a Guide: Sure I dont see why not

Assistant
      Winter is coming!

Awesome

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Welcome to AL, @HtEcho !

If you like playing videogames, I'd recommend heading over to our Gaming section. You can swap usernames/gamertags with some of our other members and find people to play things with (or just talk to about new releases or whatever you're playing at the moment). ^_^

You may also wish to consider dropping by our Creative Arts section and sharing some of your work there. :3

You're about to start a YouTube band? That's awesome! How did you find your bandmates?

If you need any help or just want someone to chat to, drop me a line!
      Hi Maki-Chan,

Thank you! I'll deffo check those out!! I met my band mates at Uni We've pretty much completed one vid covering the Attack on Titan theme intro which is super exciting, going to do a couple more vids for different video game themes next before we post them on Youtube

x

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Ahh, that's awesome! I've visited Portsmouth a few times, it seems like a lovely place to live. ^_^

What cosplay/s are you working on, if you don't mind me asking? If you get stuck at any point, I'm sure Cosplay Home would be happy to help you out!

I feel ashamed to admit I've not watched that much of Babylon 5. What is it that you like about it so much? :3

I totally feel you on the subs over dubs thing. I tried to re-watch the English dub of Cardcaptor Sakura and I have no idea how I tolerated Sakura's voice when I was younger. Maybe I just didn't know any better?
      Yeah, it is nice I'm just between Portsmouth and Southampton, it's lovely here and brilliant being so near but just outside lol

The one I'm working on is a Shinigami's outfit from Bleach, no particular character just the outfit I'm using a traditional Japanese pattern so it's got the authentic look a little nerve-racking as it's my first time sewing ANYTHING!

Nah it's alright, I'm impressed that you know what it is tbh lol not actually certain what it is specifically about B5 that makes it so appealing lol though some of the inter-character relationships, and especially the banter, is just brilliant

Yeah I know what you mean, I can certainly appreciate the English dubs as with Sailor Moon and CardCaptors that was the first I experienced them, but tbh I just love the originals so much more especially as the dubs tend to have certain themes and things airbrushed and censored out Tomoyo is in love with Sakura END-OF! lol REALLY love fanfictions where Tomoyo gets the girl lol

YOURS IS THE DRILL!

Pervy

Country
      Denmark
      AL Points

Name and Age: Drake, 24
      Who/What Brought Me Here: Inanna
      Hobbies/Interests: Convention organising, photos, videos, Imgur, Magic the Gathering, roleplaying, and Eve Online.
      Interesting Facts about Myself!: I've been working as an organiser at the two biggest conventions in Denmark for the past 7 years. And I work as a Video Technician at both.
      Do you Want a Guide: Nah, I'm good. Just here to chill and occasionally post if I see something interesting. I'm already busy as it is with work on other sites and projects

~ Yours is the drill that shall pierce through the heavens ~
      Drake is the name, organizing is the game.

Resident Tsundere

Pervy

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by WildestDrake View Post
      Name and Age: Drake, 24
      Who/What Brought Me Here: Inanna
      Hobbies/Interests: Convention organising, photos, videos, Imgur, Magic the Gathering, roleplaying, and Eve Online.
      Interesting Facts about Myself!: I've been working as an organiser at the two biggest conventions in Denmark for the past 7 years. And I work as a Video Technician at both.
      Do you Want a Guide: Nah, I'm good. Just here to chill and occasionally post if I see something interesting. I'm already busy as it is with work on other sites and projects
      Welcome to AL, @WildestDrake !

It certainly sounds like you keep yourself busy. I'd be interested to hear some stories from some of the conventions you've helped to organize sometime!

How do you normally roleplay? Is it forum-based, IM-based, tabletop-based, or something else entirely? You may be interested in our Roleplayers' Sanctuary if you fancy dabbling in some of our RP. :3

I'm sure you'll settle in just fine, but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

YOURS IS THE DRILL!

Pervy

Country
      Denmark
      AL Points

Welcome to AL, @WildestDrake !

It certainly sounds like you keep yourself busy. I'd be interested to hear some stories from some of the conventions you've helped to organize sometime!

How do you normally roleplay? Is it forum-based, IM-based, tabletop-based, or something else entirely? You may be interested in our Roleplayers' Sanctuary if you fancy dabbling in some of our RP. :3

I'm sure you'll settle in just fine, but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
      I've roleplayed all sorts, post by post, pen and paper, Live, and over Roll20.
      I'm currently all tied up with 2 pen and paper campaigns and I'm the owner of a dedicated roleplaying site oriented towards a non-canon Naruto world setting.
      But I'll definitely give it a looking, maybe I might join a thread or two.

I'm always eager for story telling.

There's a high possibility that I'll be heading to Alcon this year, so if there's a chance for it I'd love to meet up with some folks.

~ Yours is the drill that shall pierce through the heavens ~
      Drake is the name, organizing is the game.

Hi Drake.
      Well, I know Innana's mentioned me. Welcome to AL

Name and Age: Peter 23
      Who/What Brought Me Here: I joined site last year when I attended London Anime and gaming con and had hoped to go in July but never had a chance to use the site or attend
      Hobbies/Interests: I am a huge Anime fan occasionaly reading manga, I play on my PS4 and enjoy going to cons
      Interesting facts about myself: Not sure if this counts but I have 23 platinum trophies on my Playstation, am considering to take Japanese lessons as I love the culture and would like to learn more.
      Do you Want a Buddy: No thank you

Name and Age: Claire, 25
      Who/What Brought Me Here: I was a member a few years back, had a break and thought I'd come back in time for the minicon and Summer LAGC!
      Hobbies/Interests: I love anime, manga, drawing and walking my dogs
      Interesting Facts about Myself!: I'm a Dog Groomer and enjoy dancing with my dogs in my spare time!! ^_^
      Do you Want a Guide: No I think I'm okay, should remember my way around from before, thanks!

Just looking to make friends and meet up at the minicon in March, then Summer LAGC so anyone that is going to be there, lets chat! ^-^

Name and Age: Ting, 19
      Who/What Brought me here: I've been getting back into anime and stuff so i thought it would be fun to talk to others who share the same interests
      Hobbies/Interests: Anime, tv (really into watching documentaries rn), baking, travelling
      Interesting Facts about Myself: I used to be super into shoujo manga and anime (my teenage girl faze ), but I was moved away from them and towards kpop for a few years. Now I'm finding myself getting back onto the anime band-waggon.
      Do I want a buddy? Sure ^^

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information