Welcome to the Meetups, Events and Clubs
section – MEC
for short. We exist to organise meet-ups of AnimeLeague members across the world. Our meets can range from small informal meets to larger groups attending conventions, clubs and expos.
What is this section for?
In this section you can;
1. Post a topic about a meetup you are running. This can be an official AL meetup (See below) or your own.
2. Post about a convention or event you are attending and ask if anyone else is.
3. Reply to topics and get to know others who are going to a meet or event beforehand in that topic.
You can view all official upcoming AL meetups in the forum description.
What are the Rules of a meet?
Meetup members must follow these rules HERE.
Who Run the Meets?
Overall Organisers: @Timlah
(Bristol) and @Ferefire
Region Leaders are: @Rivermagic
(Wales), @KerriVeck (London), @Melmo
(East-Anglia, Cambridge) more TBC.
Advised Format to Make a Meetup
Please follow this example here
Topic Title: Include the location and date in the title!
When: (What date?)
Where: (The meeting point initially)
Time: (We advise to state the initial meet time and then the latest time before moving on)
Meet Organisers (Just yourself is fine, but we advise a minimum of 3 organisers for larger meets)
Contact Number: (Provide one - it 100% avoids people getting lost)
Activities: (Please list them)
Schedule/Agenda: (We advise to provide a rough plan with times - be flexible though and be willing to take input from your attendees beforehand and on the day)
Photo: (A picture speaks a thousand words, if it's not your first meet, make sure to include a photo from your previous meets!)
How do I make an official Animeleague Meetup?
Benefits of making an Animeleague Meetup;
#1. We will promote your meet for you on facebook and on the forums, and guarantee a high attendance.
#2. Meetup conbadges will be sent to you to give out to those attending.
#3. You will become a part of our meetup council and an assistant, this may lead to possible future mod/staff status for meetups.
#4. You become our representative in your local area.
#5. Depending on your level of commitment we may be able to provide a future CV reference.
#1. Stick to the committed meets. Do not just vanish and leave it.
#2. You are running a meetup as part of Animeleague, it represents AL this is the first and foremost priority of what you are doing.
#3. Make sure your topic is laid out with full details and has a full plan as per the advised format above.
[b]To apply to run an official Animeleague Meetup and join the team: Either reply in this topic or PM me privately with -
1. Your location
2. Your fb link (if you have fb)
3. What you'd like to do
I am also available to chat via fb (feel free to add me) @ https://www.facebook.com/Ferefire
if you wish to discuss meets in general.
Advice for Meets
- We encourage members of meets to interact with everyone attending. Try not to keep to a small clique or group and if someone isn't socialising too well, try to make friends with them. If someone is struggling with something else, offer them a helping hand.
- If you have a problem with an aspect of the meet or another member, either talk to the member concerned or to an organiser to get it resolved - avoid complaining behind people's backs.
- A lot of issues are due to miscommunication. By nature almost everyone here is reasonable and the best way to resolve something is to talk it out and not to make an assumption that someone you have an issue with is inherently unreasonable.
- Finally, respect the meet itself and all those attending! For example, don't make a mess and leave it there – help clean it up. If someone is complaining about the noise, be considerate and turn the volume down.