"It's time to sit around the campfire and endure the challenge of Story Telling. Halloween is just around the corner and your neighbors dare you to write a story for the occasion, but they have little faith that you can meet this challenge. With confidence, you suck in a deep breath, stare into every reader and listener sitting around you and begin the most horrifying tale they ever dreamed to hear..."
They say the pen is mightier than the sword, well if that's the case then you should have no trouble fending off the horrors you create.
The premise is a simple one. With Halloween almost here, we're all in need of a good scare. So we challenge you to write a story to send shivers down the spines of all those who read it. The story needs to be relevant to Halloween, similar to a campfire horror story and everything else is up to you. If you want zombies, write about zombies. If you want demons, write about demons. So long as it's terrifying, it can be used as an entry.
1) The story length is up to you, whether it be just a few paragraphs with some very intense moments, or a longer, suspense filled story the choice is yours.
2) The event will run until October 30th, with the voting thread being posted on the 31st. Voting will last 1 week. No poll, people vote for their favourite.
3) If you don't want to do a story, perhaps POM#6 will interest you. If so, check the rules here: Poem of the Month #6: Halloween - Trick or Treat
4) Submissions should be posted in this thread, with the voting thread linking back to each piece.
5) Pieces previously posted on AL will not be counted, please write something new and refreshingly dark or morbid. Haunty if you'd like.
2,000 - 1st Place
1,500 - 2nd Place
1,000 - 3rd Place
500 - Participants
Winners Will Receive a correlated Placement Award with Credits
First Place Winner will Have their piece promoted to the Front Page & Featured in November's Newsletter.
Good luck and enjoy
More Details at http://www.animeleague.net/forum/sho...hallenge(Event